Beginners guide to FastPass+ Disneyworld
Let’s face it DisneyWorld isn’t for everyone, some of the lines can be long and the crowds can be unbearable at times. We went in the off season so the lineup for the popular rides like Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad and Space Mountain were tolerable. My son was 9 so standing in line for 45mins to get on a ride just wasn’t an option, so for the rides he really wanted to go on we used the FastPass+ system. Other than attractions you can use the FastPass+ on firework and parade viewing areas, Disney Shows and Disney character greetings.
Disneyworld Fast Pass+
Disney’s FastPass+ is a reservation system for the parks most popular rides. You can save 3-4hrs a day by using the FastPass+ System effectively guaranteeing that you experience the most popular rides. The first thing to do is download the My Disney Experience app onto your mobile device in order to track the wait times for various rides. You can save time by setting up a My Disney Experience account and linking your tickets to your MagicBand. When you link your account you wont have to input as much information at the Kiosk.
Getting to a Kiosk
The first thing you should do after entering a park is head to a FastPass+ Kiosk to book all their FastPasses for the day. You will find as soon as the parks open the FastPass+ kiosks at the entrance are the most busy, but don’t worry there are many kiosks located throughout the parks. Expect to wait up to 30mins in line to book FastPasses in the morning hours. The best way to schedule a FastPass is to have a MagicBand wristband then you don’t have to worry about loosing paper tickets. When you are ready to use your FastPass+ make your way to the attraction within the allotted time. Look for the FastPass+ line then touch your MagicBand or ticket to gain entry. If you have children under 3 years old they do not require a FastPass+ to enter with an accompanying adult.
Visit AllEars.net for more detailed information about Disney’s FastPass+ System.
Note: The system will only allow you to schedule 3 FastPass+ rides in advance per day, once those 3 are used you can schedule another one. Make sure when scheduling mutiple FastPasses that you account for the time to walk from one attraction to the other.
The FastPass+ List
Disney attractions that accept FastPass+:
- Ariel’s Grotto – Meet Ariel
- The Barnstormer
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
- Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
- Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade
- Dumbo the Flying Elephant
- Enchanted Tales with Belle
- Haunted Mansion
- Holiday Wishes: Celebrate the Spirit of the Season
- It’s a Small World
- Jungle Cruise
- Mad Tea Party
- The Magic Carpets of Aladdin
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
- Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade
- Mickey’s PhilharMagic
- Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor
- Peter Pan’s Flight
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- Meet Rapunzel and Cinderella at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
- Space Mountain
- Splash Mountain
- Tomorrowland Speedway
- Meet Mickey Mouse at the Town Square Theater
- Meet Tinker Bell at the Town Square Theater
- Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid
- Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade
- Main Street Electrical Parade
- Wishes: A Magical Gathering of Disney Dreams
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth
- Living with the Land
- Soarin’ Around the World
- Test Track
- Mission: SPACE
- Frozen Ever After
- Epcot Character Spot
- Journey into Imagination with Figment
- The Seas with Nemo & Friends
- Turtle Talk with Crush
- Disney & Pixar Short Film Festiva
- Captain EO
- Honey, I Shrunk the Audience!
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
- The Great Movie Ride
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
- Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special
- Disney Junior – Live on Stage!
- For the First Time in Forever: A FrozenSing-Along Celebration
- Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular!
- Muppet*Vision 3D
- Star Tours–The Adventures Continue
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
- Voyage of the Little Mermaid
- The American Idol Experience
- Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
- Star Tours
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire – Play It!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Adventurers Outpost
- Expedition Everest – Legend of the Forbidden Mountain
- Festival of the Lion King
- Finding Nemo – The Musical
- Flights of Wonder
- It’s Tough to Be a Bug!
- The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic
- Kali River Rapids
- Kilimanjaro Safaris
- Primeval Whirl